Blog 1 Assignment

Hey bloggers!! My name is Eleni and I am a junior at High Point University with a major in Strategic Communication. I am from Pennsylvania, near the city of Philadelphia. Coming into college only two years ago I was on a completely different path in life, I had set my hopes on being a physician assistant starting when I was only in high school. I had quite the rude awakening when I came here expecting to be amazing at biology considering the fact that I aced AP biology in high school. The complete opposite happened. I was so discouraged and did not know what way to turn, I felt like I had already trapped myself in this position that I could not get out of. When I went home for my first fall break I expressed my worries to my parents, simply expecting them to be there for me and tell me that they would be proud of me no matter what I decided to do. Turns out, my mom had connections with someone that she thought I would really like to meet. I set up a meeting with one of the spokeswomen for Beauty IQ on QVC. At the time I was so confused as to why my mom thought I would ever want to be on television, back in high school I was petrified to speak in front of the class. Feeling discouraged but still wanting to make my mom happy I went and shadowed the woman, her name is Tiffany and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I loved everything about QVC, I loved everything about being on television. I think I found my thing. In high school, I will admit I was shy and was not one to put myself out there at all, but this changed everything for me. I ended up interning for QVC for two summers and even going to the New York City office of the company that I worked under. I have this experience to thank for my new passion, drive, and outgoing personality and I can't wait to see where this path is going to take me in life. As I continue my college career I feel passionate about my major and interested in the concepts that I am learning which is not what I was feeling back when I was a biology major. I am glad to say that I was lucky enough to find my passion sooner rather than later in life. Knowing that I still have two years here in college I hope to grow in passion and grow as a person, eager to take each day as it comes.

Comments