Final Presentation


Image result for blog


I am going to focus my presentation on how this class positively influenced me to create a blog and focus more on current events. Along with this class, I also took a Communications course that was focused on message deviation in government and PR which is another reason why it was crucial for me to keep up with all of the current events happening. Before this semester I was not interested in watching news channels or reading articles on Yahoo News, The New York Times, etc. After getting used to doing a weekly blog about current it naturally began to intrigue me to the point where I would wake up every day and immediately go to the news pages and read about all of the current events. This is not only a good habit but it also is something that everyone should be doing because it is so important to understand what is going on in the world. It is important to learn the ins and outs about news related websites as well, which is another thing that I have learned from taking this course. It is very common for websites to claim that they were real but they use the website to be more persuasive towards one political side so they try to persuade the readers to change their opinions. When reading a news website it is better to steer clear from the classic more left/ right political opinions and focus more on the unopinionated facts about what is going on to avoid bias. Websites tend to spin events into a way that would persuade the reader to continue reading their article, which is another idea that this course taught me. Spinning topics is something that is frowned upon but certain news statins still tend to do it to attract viewers so it is important to know which media outlets are reliable. During my presentation, I will be explaining which two outlets I found to be most reliable, which were Yahoo News and The New York Times. I will also discuss why I chose the topics that I chose and what I have learned from each blog post to wrap up my presentation.

Comments